Reporting to our Office Manager, the Shipping Administrator is responsible for the operations of the Shipping Department including the fleet staff. This includes equipment and maintenance as well as staffing and scheduling.
- Responsible for training, scheduling and directing all truck drivers.
- Ensure orders are accurately filled and loaded to daily requirements.
- Quality check all loads, identify short shipments and correct or advise as needed.
- Ensure sales orders are returned, filed and forwarded to invoicing personnel.
- Check purchase order against bill of lading and identify short shipments.
- Monitor and distribute workloads ensuring accurate on time shipments.
- Liaise with Operations Manager ensuring fleet maintenance is up to date at all times.
- Responsible for maintaining safety of staff and customers.
- Maintain a positive relationship with all staff using good communication skills.
- Instill strong customer service policies with your staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High degree of organizational skills.
- High degree of communication skills.
- Professional level written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong management skills.
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel and internet.
- Min. 3-5 yrs. in shipping/receiving with lumber and/or trucking distribution.
- Knowledge and understanding of the provincial Workplace Health and Safety Act and Regulation.
- Knowledge of lumber and/or building supplies considered an asset.